Beach bars, lowbrow dives and exclusive sailing clubs round out the Wight List of Best Yachting Bars. Check it out.
The Rum Connection crew prides itself on knowing a thing or two about what makes a good bar. Location, rum selection, skill level and personality of bartenders are all key factors. But, there are so many bars in so many categories, it can be difficult to determine the “best” bars. Last year, the teams at Scuttlebutt and Wight Vodka narrowed it down a bit and decided to hold a reader poll to name the planet’s top yachting bars. The 2009 winner was Peter Café Sport in the Azores and voting was fast and furious to deem the 2010 winner.
They’ve chosen a fantastic group of watering holes this year, several of which we’ve had the pleasure of visiting. (the others just went on our 2011 to-do list) Here are the top ten:
1. The Soggy Dollar – Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands
2. The Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club
3. The Dog Watch – Stonington, Connecticut
4. The King & Queen – Hamble, England
5. The Little Ship Club – London, England
6. The Bitter End Yacht Club – British Virgin Islands
7. The Candy Store – Newport, Rhode Island
8. Foxy’s – British Virgin Islands
9. The Royal Bermuda Yacht Club
10. The Boatyard Bar & Grill – Annapolis, Maryland
Congratulations to all the winners, especially those with views of sand and palm tress. Cheers!