Bacardi boasts about their green efforts in their recently released Corporate Responsibility Report.
Family-owned Bacardi Limited has improved upon its environmental efficiencies, launched a global sustainability initiative with industry-first goals, increased engagement with responsible suppliers, and made substantial strides in responsible marketing programs.
These achievements are highlighted in the Bacardi 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report, released online, detailing the Company’s many CR initiatives during its 2014 fiscal year.
As part of its CR platform, Bacardi focuses its efforts in five key areas: 1) Marketplace 2) Environment Health & Safety 3) Responsible Sourcing 4) People and 5) Philanthropy & Community Involvement. Significant accomplishments in fiscal 2014 include:
- Provided responsible marketing training to all new global marketing hires including a course on the recently updated Global Marketing Principles which now feature digital guidelines.
- Increased water efficiency by 4.6 percent leading to a 46.5 percent increase in efficiency and a water use reduction of nearly 50 percent globally with a reduction of 2.9 percent leading to a 28.5 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions globally from 2006 benchmarks.
- Launched the “B-Safe” Safety First seven-step behavior-based program in all 29 of our manufacturing sites to support the Company’s commitment to accident-free workplaces.
- Increased number of global direct suppliers and global point-of-sale suppliers linked to Bacardi on Sedex®, the database for sharing ethical audit data, to 80 percent and 82 percent, respectively.
- Launched the “Leadership Performance @ Bacardi” training program to more than 1,000 leaders to introduce changes in the performance management process to help them become more effective leaders.
- Achieved a 15 percent increase in women advancing to leadership roles within Bacardi, of which five percent were to senior leader roles, as part of the Company’s Women in Leadership (WIL) initiative.
As part the Company’s annual CR Month, Bacardi employees participated in more than 100 different activities taking place throughout 36 countries resulting in more than 7,900 volunteer hours.
“Corporate responsibility has been at the foundation of Bacardi for nearly 153 years. With our multi-faceted CR focus, it will continue to be a driving force that sets Bacardi apart from others in the spirits industry,” adds Wilson.