Cocktail apps are everywhere!! To prove it, Martha Stewart gets in on the fun with an app that will help plan your next party and get all of your guests drunk. Check it out.
The Martha Stewart Cocktail App
Technology has helped the home bartender immensely over the last few years. You can learn to stock a bar, mix a drink and buy premium liquor directly from your lap top. Cocktail Apps for smart phones have taken off in a big way and make it convenient to keep all of your favorite drink manuals right in your pocket. Check out iTunes, they’ve got a few hundred of them. We were a bit surprised, however, when one of our self-proclaimed ‘computer geek’ readers suggested that we look into a new cocktail app that is being offered by none other than Martha Stewart. That’s right, Martha has a cocktail app! One that will teach you how to make a variety of classic cocktails, whip up some nice party snacks and even give you the ability to share all the fun on social media. Here’s what Martha’s handlers are saying:
Martha Stewart Living announced today that the Martha Stewart Cocktails App for iPad is now available on the App Store. Designed specifically for iPad, the app provides recipes for cocktails and bar food that are perfect for entertaining. Mix, stir, and blend a variety of drinks with all the necessary inspiration, information, tools, and functionality right at your fingertips. The Martha Stewart Cocktails App features 100 cocktail recipes and 25 easy-to-prepare complementary bar snacks that can be purchased in five themed bundles. In addition, the app includes “how-to” videos, bar stocking essentials, and techniques. Users can also click to buy barware essentials from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy’s such as shakers, strainers and more. The app combines the trusted recipes and “how-to” expertise that are signatures of the Martha Stewart brand with the high design, cutting-edge functionality, and innovation that have distinguished Callaway’s digital media offerings, including the best-selling Martha Stewart Makes Cookies App.
“The Martha Stewart Cocktails App is perfect for nearly anyone who enjoys entertaining and hosting friends. Our inspiring, easy-to-follow cocktail recipes are accompanied by delicious snack ideas that, together, will make any gathering special and fun. The only challenge will be choosing which cocktail to make, though our roulette-style recipe finder will help narrow the options. We’re especially happy to be introducing our innovative new app just in time for summer parties!” said Martha Stewart, Founder of MSLO. “I couldn’t ask for a finer partner than MSLO,” says Callaway Digital Arts Chief Executive Officer Nicholas Callaway. “Their stunning visual and editorial aesthetic is a perfect match for CDA’s design and digital prowess. Martha Stewart Cocktails™ is truly the toast of the App Store and looks incredible on iPad!” The Martha Stewart Cocktails™ App features:
- Five themed bundles of 20 cocktail recipes and five bar snack recipes including:
- Martha’s Classics (Bloody Mary, Artichoke-Parmesan Crostini)
- Regional Favorites (Mint Julep, Cheese Ball)
- Summer Coolers (Plum and Pineapple Sangria, Chili-Dusted Fruit)
- Cutting-Edge Cocktails (Violet-Prosecco Cocktail, Roasted Spiced Chickpeas)
- Mocktails (Cucumber Limeade, Garlic and Chive Dip)
- A virtual bar that allows users to swipe through the app’s recipes
- A roulette-style recipe finder that lets users search by drink style and liquor type
- “How-to” videos and photos, a unit converter, and space to add your own notes
- Extensive tips on cocktail preparation and stocking the bar, as well as fascinating tidbits and fun facts about the cocktails themselves
- A place to collect your favorite cocktails
- Ability to share favorite cocktails via e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter
- Ability to click to buy barware essentials from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy’s
The Martha Stewart Cocktails App is available for $0.99 from the Itunes App Store on the iPad. The introductory bundle comes with “Martha’s Classics,” which includes 20 of her classic cocktail recipes and five classic bar snack recipes. Additional themed bundles including Regional Favorites, Summer Coolers, Cutting-Edge Cocktails and Mocktails are available for $0.99 each through In-App Purchase.
If you decide to buy Martha’s cocktail app, send us a line and let us know what you think!