Our three-way Signature Drink Competition is going strong with loads of great entries so far. There’s still time to get in on it, but you better hurry!!
So, if you’ve been offline or hiding under a rock for the last two weeks, here’s the deal; we’re hosting a three-way drink recipe competition to see who can create the signature drinks of Rum Connection, Rum Dood and The Floating Rum Shack.com. To make this really fun we want YOU, our valued readers, to help us out.
Your mission is to come up with an original cocktail recipe that captures the spirit of each of our sites. The drinks must be rum-based, but everything else is up to you. You can submit just one drink, but to make it interesting we hope that you will submit one for each site. Entries will be accepted until the end of June 2010 and will be judged by a representative from Rum Connection, Rum Dood and The Floating Rum Shack. The winners will be announced in early July and receive loads of good press and some choice rum-related goodies.
To enter, send an email with your original recipe for the Rum Connection cocktail to Contest@RumConnection.com. Your Rum Dood cocktail entry can be sent to Contests@RumDood.com and your Floating Rum Shack entry to Competition@Thefloatingrumshack.com.
Signature Drink Competition Terms and Conditions
- Contestants must be residents of the United States of America (US) or United Kingdom (UK).
- Contestants should submit drink recipes for a ‘Rum Connection’, ‘Floating Rum Shack’, and/or a ‘Rum Dood’ drink(s). You can submit for just one or two or preferably go for broke and submit drinks for all three, but please specify which drink is for which site.
- The winner(s) will be chosen by the writers/editors/grand poohbahs of the three sites. The winning drinks and their creators will get their names (figuratively speaking) in lights on all three sites and get to be the person responsible for creating the sites’ official signature drink. We reserve the right to introduce additional celebrity judges during the completion.
- Rum Connection, Rum Dood and The Floating Rum Shack have final say on the winning entries.
- In addition to the fame befitting the winner(s), you will also receive booze-related schwagg which will be confirmed before the competition ends.
- All submissions must be received before midnight on June 30th.
- Winner(s) will be announced on or before the 5th July (depending upon how well the across-time zone conversations go).
- All cocktails must FEATURE rum as the dominant spirit. No “cleverness” of having a rum drink with no rum. Duh!
- You MUST be of legal drinking age in your country of residence to enter this competition.
- Rum Connection, The Floating Rum Shack and Rum Dood will be using your submission in future posts and articles for which you will be identified as the creator. No royalties or monetary payments will be made now or in the future. By entering you have transferred the use of and all associated rights of the submitted drink to the owners of the respective website(s). You will be acknowledged as the creator of the drink on the respective website(s). If you want to trademark your drink and then levy a charge upon us (‘us’ being the three afore mentioned websites) for future use do not submit it as an entry in this competition!
- ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Of course if you are in doubt: ask – we will do our best to answer your questions! And remember – rum is fun… Enjoy!