Drink.Think goes national with future events in San Francisco, Boston, Chicago and more.
Drink.Think, a literary reading series celebrating noted beverage writers, has announced that the program is rolling out nationally, with San Francisco as the first stop on Feb. 5. Other cities include Chicago (April), Boston (October) and New York (June and December), where the Drink.Think series originated.
“Our pilot program in New York was enthusiastically embraced by writers and the drinks community. I’m thrilled to bring Drink.Think to a national audience this year. There are so many amazing writers and authors across the U.S. It’s an honor to showcase them and their work,” said Kara Newman , spirits/cocktail writer and founder/curator of Drink.Think. “My vision for Drink.Think is to help create community among beverage writers. I’m truly looking forward to raising a glass with a remarkably talented group of Bay Area drink writers and kicking off Drink.Think on a national level.”
The San Francisco reading event will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at Cantina, 580 Sutter St., from 7 to 9 p.m. Each event showcases the work of eight to 10 prominent and up-and-coming writers in the field, who take the stage and read aloud from their work. There is no cover charge for the event. The scheduled participating writers include:
- Camper English, cocktail/spirits writer for San Francisco Chronicle, Details.com and Fine Cooking
- Courtney Humiston, columnist, 7×7 Magazine and founding editor, TableTo Grave.com
- Duggan McDonnell, writer, bartender and boozy entrepreneur
- Gayle Keck, food and travel writer
- Virginia Miller, food and drink correspondent, San Francisco Bay Guardian and blogger, ThePerfectSpotSF.com
- Jill Robinson, travel writer, San Francisco Chronicle, American Way and more
- Michael Shapiro, freelance travel writer, National Geographic Traveler and Islands Magazine
- Stevie Stacionis, wine writer and Director of Communication at Corkbuzz Wine Studio
- Liza B. Zimmerman, editor-at-large, Cheers and contributing editor to Wine Business Monthly
The San Francisco event is generously sponsored by Santa Teresa Rum, Venezuela’s oldest rum producer run by its fifth-generation family members, as well as Karlsson’s Vodka, a premium, small-batch, handcrafted Swedish potato vodka. Guests will enjoy sipping Santa Teresa “1796” Rum and Karlsson’s Gold Vodka straight and in classic cocktails.
For its national rollout, Drink.Think has partnered with Hanna Lee Communications, an award-winning agency specialized in spirits, food, wine and lifestyle PR, event management and social media marketing. The agency is co-producing and publicizing the events.