Rum Renaissance is about to set sail on a week-long Celebrity Cruise with stops in 6 of the top rum producing islands in the Caribbean. Who’s going!?
RUM RENAISSANCE TOURS CARIBBEAN DISTILLERIES ABOARD CELEBRITY CRUISE
Robert and Robin Burr, rum enthusiasts and hosts of the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival have collaborated with Celebrity Cruises and The Cruise Authority to offer a weeklong rum cruise November 12 – 19, 2011. The Rum Renaissance Caribbean Cruise will dock at some of the Caribbean’s top rum destinations for travelers to study, savor and collect the region’s authentic spirits.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Celebrity Cruises and The Cruise Authority for our island-hopping rum-themed adventure aboard the Celebrity Summit in mid-November. This is the most efficient, compelling and fascinating way to truly appreciate the great rums of the Caribbean while enjoying a world-class cruising experience,” said Robert Burr, RumXP and author of the Gifted Rums Guide.
The ship will depart from San Juan, Puerto Rico on Saturday, Nov. 12 and will make its first stop in Barbados. Subsequent destinations include St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and San Juan.
On Sunday, Nov. 13, a series of VIP rum tastings will be presented by some of the best rum ambassadors and bartenders in the world. Each day after will feature a stop at a new Caribbean island to tour distilleries and shop for rum during the day, then return to the ship for world-class rum cocktails, luxurious dinner service and exclusive VIP rum tastings.
Island rum highlights include:
- Barbados – Foursquare Distillery, St. Nicholas Abbey Plantation, Cockspur Rum Beach Club and Mount Gay Rum Welcome Center
- St. Lucia – Chairman’s Reserve, Castrie’s Peanut Rum Crème and Admiral Rodney naval rum distilleries
- Antigua – Antigua Distillery featuring renowned English Harbour rums and travelers will be able to hunt for rum bargains
- St. Maarten – Home to the Guavaberry rum liqueur and some of the Caribbean’s finest duty-free shopping
- St. Thomas – Browse and collect specially priced Cruzan Single Barrel and Captain Morgan Spiced rums, plus a sampling of rum cakes and liqueurs
- San Juan – Serralles Distillery makers of the DonQ brand rum spirits
The Rum Renaissance Caribbean Cruise offers an affordable and efficient way to explore and sample some of the Caribbean’s finest distilleries led by rum experts and master distillers. On board will be dozens of notable ambassadors from leading rum brands to offer insightful seminars and to entertain guests.
The Rum Renaissance Caribbean Cruise starts at less than $100 per day for a cabin on the Celebrity Summit. The fee for attending the rum seminars and tastings is $180. Island excursions to tour the distilleries, tasting rooms and go rum shopping are moderately priced.
To join the Rum Cruise, contact The Cruise Authority at 800-326-4971 or visit www.rumcruise.com